Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Parents, The Rock Stars

A week after our fun Vegas adventure, my parents came into town.  I love having them here.  I wish they lived here.

Almost two years ago, my dad got put into the presidency of the Spanish Branch in our Stake.  My parents were attending their own ward in English but would always volunteer in the Branch.  Sundays were busy days for them.  Sometimes they would go to church for six hours!  Bless them.

One of the members in their ward was getting married.  He and his fiancee decided they wanted to get married in Salt Lake.  I don't remember the guys name but he doesn't have any family in the US, so he asked my parents to step in as his parents.  How cool is that?!  My mom and dad said that it was such a sweet experience being able to sit next to this young man and his sweetheart in the temple and see them be sealed for time and all eternity.  With Lin's wedding so close and everything happening there, it was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.


We ate dinner at Popeye's after spending forever clothes shopping.  



I love these two humans.  They are so silly but they love each other.

Visiting with Mary!  This girl instilled within me a desire to serve a mission.  I spent a few days as her mission companion when hers had to leave for home unexpectedly.

The Ordonez have no idea how to smile.  





Lin ended up joining us Sunday.



1 comment:

  1. Got on to read your new post and it's not here! I do have to say though, your Vegas trip sounded a little toooooooo exciting for me (hostel...ummm, need I say more?) lol. Also, your parents are pretty great. We love them :) We love all of you!

    ReplyDelete