Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sundays are my favorite days

Sundays are my favorite days.  Fast Sundays are even better.

Today in church, we had a really great Sacrament Meeting.

The testimonies shared really edified my spirit.  There is a young man who is preparing to serve a mission.  He testified that he is where he is because of the atonement of Jesus Christ.  It was powerful and when I stood up to bear my testimony (because I was right after him), for a moment, I was at a loss for words.  His testimony impacted me.  It made me think of Jon and the experiences in his life that got him to where he is today.  There's no doubt in my mind that that the atonement can heal our hearts and cleanse our souls.  After I sat down a young man, who we visited last Wednesday and invited to church, stood up to bear his testimony.  It was very simple but very sincere.  It brought tears to my eyes.

I've been feeling a little bummed since last night and the spirit in today's meetings was much needed.  I still feel bummed but I'm working on having faith.  I was at the temple on Thursday and happened to read in Ether 12.  It says, "...faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."  There will always be trials.  Some might seem more silly/trivial than others but it doesn't matter.  The Lord cares and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ all will be made right.  I can take a step into the unknown because I know that as long as I'm keeping the commandments, the Lord will never leave me alone.

Whatever happens will happen and whatever won't happen won't.  Regardless, I will be okay.

Stay tuned though.  More great posts are coming your way.  Life has been pretty great these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment