Sunday, December 14, 2014

Devotionals and Concerts

Last Sunday I attended the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  This will be my fourth consecutive year attending.  For the last two years, we've made it a date.  I wanted to do the same this year but Marianne was going out of town and I'm still getting to know my other roommate.  I just moved back and there really wasn't anyone I cared to ask.  So instead I shared my tickets with the Hales.  Although, my friend Brett did come with me.

Attending the Devotional is what starts the Christmas season.  At least in my eyes.  It always happens the first Sunday in December and is a great reminder of why we celebrate Christmas.


Then on Friday I went to the Eclipse concert with Jill, Cressie, Jessica, and Kayla.  They are talented.



Saturday I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert.  My goodness.  It was incredible.   I haven't ever been a fan of the Sesame Street Characters but I got chills when they all came out.  It really was magical.  





These fun activities are some of the reasons why I love Utah.  You don't get to attend events such as these in Arizona.

Home is where your heart is.  That's what people say.  My home, my heart loves Utah.  This place is my home.  I love it here.  And although my family lives in Arizona, I have come to realize that they are the only reason why I go back.

You don't get this spirit in Arizona.  The spirit of family, the spirit of friendship, the spirit of service, and acceptance.  People here are kinder.

I'm a Guatemalan born, Arizona raised, Utahan at heart girl.

BTW, I have a huuuuuuuge crush on Santino Fontana.  He was the other special guest at the MoTab concert.  He can sing me to sleep anytime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment