Sunday, December 14, 2014

Work Christmas Party-An Averted Disaster

Last week, as in the first week in December, my work handed me an invitation to our department Christmas party.  I assumed my roommate would come with me.  That assumption stuck until I got to know my co-workers a little better.  All of them, I mean ALL of them have a significant other.  Some are married and some are dating but not one is single.

So of course I got it in my head that I needed to bring a date.  Currently, I have nobody I want to go on a date with so I kept putting it off.  All I wanted was to take someone that wouldn't make a big deal out of it.  Someone who I would have a good time with.  I wanted my go to guy.

But I couldn't.  You see, he now has a girlfriend.  A real, life girlfriend. 

That brings us to the day of the party.  I still didn't have a date.  The night before I had called one of my guy friends to come.  He called me that morning and said he couldn't.  I literally called every guy I could think of in my phone and no one was available.  I called the girls too and still none could come.  I didn't think it would be that hard to find a date.  

By the time I left work at 4:15ish, I had given up hope of finding anyone to go with.  The party started at six and time was not in my favor.  On the drive home I got a call from one of the guys I called.  He said that if I still hadn't found a date he had one for me.  I felt stupid and told him not to worry about it, that I was planning to go by myself.  But this friend is persistent so I have him text me the guy's number just in case I decide to take him up on the offer.

30 minutes before six and perhaps after a small intense conversation with myself I called Andrew.  He was so kind and willing to go with me.  I felt pretty proud of myself too for being brave enough to ask him.  He was a great date and I had a fun time.

He even won a $25 visa gift card.  Karma for the good deed he did.

**I should probably add, that I am super happy for my "go to guy".  It really is about time he went on a second date and experienced what it's like to have a girlfriend to hold hands with and kiss.  :)**

No comments:

Post a Comment