Friday, November 14, 2014

Doorbell Ditching

I attended the wedding reception of an old roommate today.  She looked beautiful and so happy.  A few minutes after I got home from the reception the doorbell rang.  I first thought my friend who dropped me off noticed I left something in her car and came back to drop it off.  However, when I got to the front door nobody was standing outside.  There wasn't even a car in the driveway.  Our front door has a small glass window.  I looked through it to make sure I wasn't missing something.  Then I noticed this:



I feel so blessed to be back in a place that feels like home.  I'm not the best at telling people how much I appreciate their friendship/example in my life or how much good they do in this world.  I need to be better at it.  When things like this happen, it's a great reminder that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us.  This "stranger" will never know how much it meant to me personally, to receive this note today, of all days.  Thank you kind stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment