Thursday, November 13, 2014

Utah

I've tried to think of a song that can describe what has been in my heart and mind the last few months.  Considering how music is not one of my greatest passions, I have encountered a little difficulty.  However, I couldn't put off saying what I feel.

My thoughts keep going to a quote from the Emma Smith movie.  Her father is upset about her trust in Joseph Smith as a Prophet especially her belief in the Gold Plates that later went on to be translated into the Book of Mormon.  Emma tells her father, "Father, sometimes you know things with your heart that you don't know with your head."

That's how I feel about Utah.  It may be hard to understand and even harder to explain.  But I just know.

I know I needed to move to Provo.  
I know I needed to move to Arizona.
I know I need to be in Utah now.

I didn't know the experiences I would have, the people I would meet, or the trials I would endure throughout the last eleven months.  But I had faith and trust in the Lord because He has always been there to help me, support me, and guide me.  He has always placed me where I need to be, when I need to be there.  And although I don't always understand the why's in His plan, I have full confidence that he is preparing me to become the person He wants me to be and to do the things He wants me to do.

I know as more people become aware that I moved back to Utah, they will ask me questions.  I've given a lot of thought on how to respond.  There's a long story, of course.  What it comes down to is this:


And this:


And this:

No comments:

Post a Comment